Thursday 13 December 2007

Dreams


Like most of us, my daily life often lacks enchantment, and usually when I need it the most! But one part of my life can always exceed my expectations, and that is while I am dreaming. My imagination runs wild, unbounded by the inhibitions and self-limitations that I usually carry around with me.

For example, a week or two ago I was lucky enough to experience a lucid dream. It happens from time to time, though not nearly often enough for my liking! In this particular dream I was visiting a train station - slightly Harry Potteresque - and suddenly realised I was dreaming. How wonderful! My thoughts turned to flying but try as I might I couldn't get more than a foot off the ground. Still, it was a magical experience, and one that has stayed me ever since.

To me, dreams are very much a part of my real life. And due to the stresses and strains that we all go though these days, my dreams are often the closest I come to the enchantment I experienced as a child. I admit I'm a bit of a 'dreamer', still spending my sleeping hours riding a magic carpet over the twinkling lights of the town below.... and I hope it always stays that way!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

What a beautiful image, Andy Pandy - and a dreaming inspiration for us all :)

Leslie Rodriguez said...

Thank you Andy Pandy for the inspiration I needed to write this task! See my blog entry . . . Dx

Flora Dora Dobson said...

Andy Pandy you are the most surprising and unexpected person and so generous in your openess. Sweet dreams.