Thursday 13 December 2007

Dreaming in Technicolor


The waiting rooms in life have always been the hardest for me. As Dr. Seuss aptly said: "The Waiting Place . . . for people just waiting. Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake:) or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting."

And, as I wait for Uncle Jake, a precious little dream-fairy brought me an enchanted gift last night . . . a lovely dream that Mr. Daniel Craig decided to come to my birthday party. Never mind that the illusion vanished with the first crystals of morning. Never mind that it was a ridiculous, unimaginable scenario. It was a spontaneous, delightful moment in a time of anxiety, uncertainty and seemingly interminable waiting.

Yes, I do believe in magic.

4 comments:

Andy Pandy said...

To a fellow dreamer...how lovely to hear about your wonderful, magical moment in a state of slumber. I hope the uplifting feeling stays with you a long, long time! Dream on!

Flora Dora Dobson said...

How different we all are and how much we can learn from each other. I see enchantment as of the earth: an unexpected fall of light, the colour of autumn leaves, the feeling in your heart when you are at one with the world but until now I've never seen it in Daniel Craig - my eyes are open.

Daisy said...

Oh I don't know, I think Daniel Craig has his enchanting moments - what a fantastic dream! It certainly made me smile and when I close my eyes tonight I might try and see if I can invite him into my slumbers if he has nothing better to do this evening ... ;)

Michael L MacKian said...

Back in the middle of the last century, a school teacher told us that people dream in black-and-white, and our imagination adds the colour as we remember it. This seemed strange at the time, as I was sure I dreamed in full technicolour, but I stuck it in the back of my memory and carried on with life. However, I read a few days ago that about 18% of people do dream in black-and-white, so the poor chap was probably generalizing from his own experience. It would not be PC, of course, to ask whether people with colourless dreams should be teaching our children...