Tuesday 5 February 2008

Hands....

Ok, I cheated. This isn't a picture of my hand so much as one of my bears, Gabriel. But that's the point really.... my hands are always there, in the background, being a prop to the rest of my life. I'm communicating with you right now by using my hands (obviously!), but I'd never have thought about it if it weren't for this task.

My poor hands have needles stuck in them on frequent occasions. They are exposed to the worst of the wintry weather, since I often forget my gloves. Nails break from pulling staples out and paper cuts are endured at work (ouch!). When I'm nervous I bite the skin around my nails. And they are in and out of water all day long, starting with a morning wash, to the washing up, to giving Katie a bath.... no wonder they are in need of TLC!

So now I'm feeling guilty. My poor hands. Taken for granted and deserving of much more respect.

I'm off to rub some cream into them and paint my nails red.... :))

3 comments:

Flora Dora Dobson said...

I know it's supposed to be a comment in response to the hands task but I've been side tracked by Gabriel - I have never seen a bear with such an incredible expression. That your hands produced such a wonderous fellow is amazing to me.

Andy Pandy said...

Aww, thankyou! *blush*

Daisy said...

I agree with Flora - you have the most magical and amazing hands being able to create such wonderful enchanting bears. So paint those nails red and make another bear - make it a 'Big Art' bear and see what springs to life in your hands with that brief!