Sunday 3 February 2008

100 Things I Love...


The smell of nutmeg and cinnamon, cardamom pods.
I love the laughter of children and sweet baby bods.
Chocolate and wine and soft candlelight
The crisp smell of ironing, a full moon at night.
Pink! I love pink! Anything pink,
from clothes, shoes or gemstones, to bubbles to drink.
I love Tarot and angels, crystals and spells.
The meaningless jokes my youngest one tells.

The first morning brew, the end of the day
I love sunshine and gardens and let’s-pretend-play.
I love Wales and Sweden, the sound of wind blow
Hot chocolate and firesides and metres of snow.
Writing and reading, I love cinnamon cake
Ikea and painting, I love to create.
Singing and dancing, the smell of the dawn
All the hundreds of pictures my children have drawn.

Lime marmalade, daisies and trips to the sea
Aberystwyth harbour and pancakes for tea.
My husband’s warm neck where I bury my nose.
Meeting on Thursdays for coffee at Jo’s.
PG Woodhouse and skating
I love to stand on my head.
Degas’s dancers and lie-ins in bed -
with hot buttered toast and tea that is hotter
But above all of this I love Harry Potter!

4 comments:

Andy Pandy said...

Love your poem!!! :))

Daisy said...

Thanks Andy Pandy! :)) xxx

Flora Dora Dobson said...

I love this blog and the out pouring of honesty, emotion and creativity.

Daisy said...

Me too, Flora. Just don't tell anyone about the Harry Potter thing... too much pouring out of honesty for a 38 year old woman perhaps!? ;)