Wednesday 16 January 2008

My hands...


My hands are letting me down right now.

Our hands help us get up in the morning, by pushing us out of bed, by making that first cup of tea, by splashing cold water on sleepy eyes.

Our hands feed us and clothe us and do much of our work.

Our hands help us play, to create to enjoy...

But my hands are tired. They are fatigued, like the rest of my body, and they don't want to help me out of bed in the morning, they don't want to work and they don't want to play.

But there's something else about hands. And that is touch.

Our hands can reach out and touch those we love. And they can rest on that loved one and draw the energy of life through that simple touch. And even my hands can still rest on my child's head or my husband's arm and fulfil that most fundamental of human needs - to be touched.

1 comment:

Flora Dora Dobson said...

You have quite the most beautiful soul and I'm sorry to feel your weariness and worry. Please know that spring is coming, that the light will change and the world will be made as new (including you).